Sunday, May 10, 2020

Day 26 :: Something That Makes Me Sad

Last week we went to the school to retrieve all the kids' stuff from their lockers and desks.
I cried. 

All the helpers were wearing masks and it was like we were saying hi to old friends,
 only they were on an island out at sea, and we were on a boat, floating by. 
We got our bags of stuff and floated by. 

Every single time they meet with their class on the computer, I get so sad. 


This is our mornings, 9:00-11:00.
I just can't believe it. They do a lot of school work, but they definitely aren't learning. 
I actually don't mind having everyone home and doing this new thing, 
but I recognize the richness that they are missing. 
Plus we all get along so much better when we are apart for a while. ha

This is my favorite part of our homeschooling.
 We sit outside and read with Koda Bear. 
She's so soft and distracting. I don't know if they listen to me read or not. 



No comments: