Today was a pretty ordinary day
:: for me and the kids ::
They went to school.
I wasted time being unproductive.
I did some dishes, but I definitely did NOT clean the bathrooms that are getting really disgusting.
I read some of this book. I already finished it, but there are parts I am rereading. The chapter about Patricia Westerford is my stand alone favorite section of the whole book.
I did a hard and good workout with my gal Sydney Cummings on YouTube.
As far as this winter is concerned, she is changing my life. I usually get pretty doughy in the winter because it's too hard to exercise in the cold, dark, rain, but every day she posts a new workout and they are perfectly HARD.
I'm so sore all the time, which is a favorite place to be for me.
Here is the one I did today.
It was NOT an ordinary day
::for Jim ::
Remember how I said he is out of town?
Well, he's over in Europe. He had a week of vacation from work, so he went over there to explore places he's always wanted to see.
His plans are to drive a car from Barcelona to Monaco and back.
Today he sent some pictures of his layover in Paris.
He's currently sleeping in Barcelona, so I'm excited to wake up tomorrow and see where he's at.
He's been at this location for many hours now (catching up on sleep, I know, but I'm also letting my imagination run wild. Why is he not responding? Is this a jail cell? Has someone robbed him in the streets and left him here?).
Anyway.
Back to my day:
Jamie texted me this picture from Maui when we were eating delicious steaming hot food at Leoda's after a long day of adventure. She said "here's the time when I kept trying to get a picture of Reese's hair, but your hand was in the way every shot."
and I was like
"oh man that was such a fun day! we were all so tired, and that was such good food!"
At 2:30pm I packed up all the swimming gear and picked up the kids after school, and we headed to the pool for Andrew's swim lessons.
This happens every Tuesday.
I sit in the giant hot tub, the big kids play and swim, Andrew hates his swim lessons. It's great.
Today the Blacks joined us in the pool so it was extra fun.
Joe is also out of town for work, so she and I are holding down the fort.
After swimming, we went to eat at the Wok Box. Avery was mad because I said we were going to Wendys, but the Wok Box was where our friends were going, so of course we follow them there.
Bailey poured some plum sauce on her rice, and it reminded me of a favorite poem of mine.
And that reminded me of the summertime when I am out on a hot, tiring run, I pass by
a plum tree near my house. I pluck a plum, and it's juicy and delicious.
I always think of the poem while I'm licking plum juice off my hand.
This Is Just To Say
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox
and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast
Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold
Good news, he's not in jail.
I just got off the phone with him, and I am so happy for him but also so jealous.
He is driving through little french villages, eating noteworthy pastry, and walking old Roman walls.
A Tale of Two Days:
my day
Jim's day


1 comment:
I want all of Jimi’s details about driving through France. I miss France.
Post a Comment