I wouldn't mind a low maintenance pet like a tortoise.
The lower the maintenance, the less cuddly.
The kids badly want a dog or a cat.
In the last few days, Jim has been talking about getting a cat.
I think cats are scary.
***
In other news:
1. When people found out that Jim went to Europe all by himself they said things like:
"Did he need time to think?"
"Was he having a mid-life crises?"
"Did he need space?"
And I realized Oh! people think it's WEIRD to go places alone for no reason.
I would never go to Europe by myself, but the Larsen men like to hit the road solo.
Being solo is not uncomfortable for them.
I also realized people might be thinking there is something fishy going on in our marriage - "why didn't Kelli go with him?"
haha
So I reassured the people that we are indeed still in love.
My neighbor Lindsay, who reminds me of Jim in many ways, (including they both have psoriasis!) also traveled Europe solo before she had kids. She did NOT think it was weird he went alone.
2. A strange phenomenon played out Sunday when I was super frustrated and declared I was quitting the church...I actually turned more TO church things.
I read the Book of Mormon all day (between venting with Jim),
we hit family home evening hard,
family prayers,
looked up the temple schedule for initiatories,
etc etc
So to calm my mom's nerves (since she is one of the five people still reading this blog), rest easy knowing that when I am in a fray, my brain turns to reading the BOM to calm things down.
Also when Avery heard me singing my song, she was very concerned. I reassured her, and one day she will read here I did the opposite of quitting the church.
3. The other day Andrew said out of the clear blue sky:
"I just don't know why, but I don't understand girls AT ALL."
also after he got done with swim lessons, he came over to me with a look of wild wonder and said:
"Something just happened. I don't know how, but I did the back float."


No comments:
Post a Comment