Here's where we were two years ago,
in February of 2018
Evan got baptized.
I feel like these three look the exact same.
We went to Vegas and had so much fun.
Not a care in the world.
Two years ago I wasn't the YW prez, so I didn't have a month full of high maintenance activities.
This February we've had:
night sledding at Baker,
New Beginnings,
and a camp out.
We got back yesterday.
It was Avery's first yw campout. She had such a blast.
So yesterday we got home and I felt like the camp out went really well. The girls learned new things, they sang songs and played unity games. Then we had a little discussion sesh around the fire and the girls told about what they learned.
We cooked on backpacking stoves and boated on the lake.
Us leaders sat around the fire and talked and talked until we were crouched around the last bit of embers around midnight.
It felt really successful.
Then at church today I marched in with my elbows up, feeling good,
walk into young women class
and one of my older girls revealed that they were "meh" about the whole thing.
"The leaders didn't let us use soap to wash our dishes and we all got sick".
(not true, and not true)
"we didn't even get any down time"
(not true)
I was blindsided.
I just felt so deflated,
defeated.
Then the bishop said we could have done better at letting the girls fix their own food.
(they made 2 of the 3 meals on their own).
I felt so mad,
so hurt, confused.
overwhelmed.
I came home and sang a little song that went like this:
I'M QUITTING THE CHURCH! I QUIT MY CALLING LA LA LA.
Jim talked me down off the ledge,
but I'm still so annoyed. When you work so hard at something and then the people complain. I just can't understand.
I KNOW you can't make everyone happy.
I KNOW that the younger girls have no complaints and had a blast. Because they CHOSE to have fun.
I KNOW that older girl complains about EVERYTHING
but still.
Does the bishop stand around and talk about how the Young Men could really done better at xy and z?
No he does not.
I'M QUITTING IT ALL! LA LA LA
I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS CALLING WAS ACTUALLY ABOUT ENTERTAINING BRATTY TEENAGERS!
LA LA LA
THEY ARE SO UNGRATEFUL!
LA LA LA
I wish you could hear the song, it's really pretty.




No comments:
Post a Comment