Tuesday, November 11, 2014

S is for Snowflake

The pattern and instructions for these are found 
This nativity one is my favorite. I am going to make lots for friend/teacher gifts I think.

My calling, primary chorister, is my favorite calling ever in the whole world.
It gives me a creative outlet,
but more important,
a teaching outlet.
I love lesson planning and prepping.

But Kelli, you can't sing!, you say.
Oh don't I know it. But I pretend like I don't care that I have a subpar voice.
This last Sunday we were singing "All Things Bright and Beautiful", and since the kids didn't know it, I was singing solo. It's kinda a pitchy song, and I was kinda skreechy. 
A few of them laughed. 
But it's all a game of pretend and be confident. Same as teaching High School, really.

With this snowflake lesson, you give a group of kids a snowflake (laminated of course), 
and they have to pick a song based on the patterns and images they see.
What songs would you pick for each snowflake?

Here are last year's version.
Can you see "CTR" in that far right one? That one was tricky for the kids.

I really love them in their raw paper state, but they just wouldn't survive being handled by kids.


2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad I have a teaching outlet in Sunday school. Best calling ever. And Bubs better not let anyone move me...

Allison said...

Those snowflakes are awesome. You are awesome!