Monday, March 2, 2020

Day 7 :: A Song

Sometimes writing is so hard. I just need to start typing and then it won't be so hard.
It's like exercising. I never know how to properly spell exercising. Auto correct fixes it for me one hundred percent of the time. 
But it's like exercising because the dread of doing it is way worse than actually doing it. 
I put my shoes on and just start stretching, and before you know it, the work out is complete. 

Ok, I feel warmed up. Here I go. 

The song (or songs) that have been circulating around here lately is the Hamilton soundtrack. Over and over and over, I listened to it for months non stop - while excersizing, driving, doing chores. 
Finally the kids said "No more Hamilton! I'm sick of it!" So I backed off a bit. 

In other news:

Saturday morning we ran/biked Galbraith. 
Running along Lair of the Bear, I skidded to a halt when I noticed a few new carvings along the way. There was still saw dust around them.


We had a bit of an art walk along our run. You can't not stop for art appreciation at Galbraith. 
This piece of wood was turned into art because something in nature made it look so cool and swirly, 
but then some person recognized that it needed to be "hung on the wall", so they bolted it and soldered it to a metal thingy and there it "hangs" in the middle of the mountain for your appreciation. 




Right after this, we noticed some delicate little flowers. Their buds were still mostly closed, so you could only see a peak of the yellow petals inside. It reminded me of this poem:

Nature's first green is gold, 
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day. 
Nothing gold can stay.
-Robert Frost



This week is parent teacher conferences. This is Evan's creation hanging up outside of his classroom. 
His name isn't on it, so I had to deduce which one was his among the many. His artwork is easy to recognize. 

Andrew graduated from Special Programs. He swung the pendulum the other way here in first grade and is now at the head of the class. 
One of his reading teachers gave him the word "Airplane" to use in a sentence. He wrote:
"The airplane is up in the sky with lots of windows and creations because the engineer worked very hard on it."

Another of his special ed teachers told me that she took him to the principal's office to do some evaluation testing (because it was the only empty room at the time), and he immediately went over and sat in the principal's chair.
Then, between every testing tile, he would pretend to answer the phone and say "hello this is the principal". 
haha 
He's just so funny. His whole team of teachers agreed that he is the best and most hilarious. I totally agree. 

And here is another Saturday when we ran up Chuckanut. 

The boys rode their bikes and we ran. 
We came out of Double Down, and this was scratched into the dirt.
By the boys. 





And lastly, Evan's basketball team finally won a game! It was their last game. 

This writing sesh did not get easier. It was hard from start to finish. 
Sometimes I quit exersizing right in the middle of the workout and that is practically what I am doing  right now for this post. 


No comments: