Here's what I use.
One day me and Jim were in the bathroom together getting "ready", and I realized he takes hair OFF his face, and I put hair ON my face to look pretty.
Just like 5 years ago:
The banality of this post is so stark compared with the magnitude of what is happening on this planet Earth currently.
Last night we had a young women activity - hike down to Point Whitehorn and watch the sunset.
We watched the sky turn all the colors - a fluid piece of art, free of charge.
Maddy lit us a fire.
We boiled water, drank hot chocolate, spilled hot water on Brinn's foot.
We laughed, we forgot.
We hiked back with our head lamps guiding the way.
Back at the trail head, the stars were right there in front of us, bright.
We lay down on the gravel to look at the constellations.
We didn't want to go, but time was up - kids were waiting.
We wanted two more hours, at least.
When we got home, there was an email.
All youth activities cancelled. All church cancelled.
Then on the news: NBA cancelled. Disneyland cancelled.
It's all cancelled.
What a gift it is to get together every Wednesday. Every Sunday.
The optimist in me is waning. I feel sad and confused.
Someday in the future when I reread this, I will know the outcome of it all.
Until then I want to know: will school be cancelled? For long or for short?
Because I love our teachers. My kids love their teachers and friends.
Gathering is a gift. Community is a gift.





No comments:
Post a Comment