Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day 15 :: Something I Crave

There is this great Indian restaurant across the border, My Shanti. 
I crave eating there. 
There will be no border crossing for us any time soon. 

I pulled out my giant bag of beans today. 
I bought them many years ago as "food storage" for when the world ends and we have no other option.
It turns out when the world ends, there will be no rice and beans on any of the store shelves. 
It also turns out I get a second wind with making dinners because I have all the time in the world to make dinners. 
Tonight we had homemade refried bean burritos. 


I also crave having friends in our actual house.
This was the last time we had our Blacks over. 

The boys took a nap while me and Lisa talked and talked. haha

In other news:

We did some art during "school" today. 
We started with some math, and it did not go well, and there was some fighting and wailing and teeth nashing.
But the minute I pulled out the water color and the Bob Ross, 
all the kids settled and were happy.


Me and Avery decided we are going to paint a picture from each page of this book. 
(It's my favorite! It has poems for each season: "When Green Becomes Tomato")


Here is a surprise bonus to the world ending:
The kids have been giving more time to be carefree kids. 
Every day after "school" my kids and the Dickson kids go down to the forest and play for hours. 
I don't know exactly what they play, but I do know that they have pretend names, opposing forts, handmade weapons out of forest fodder, and they come home super dirty. 

This makes me so happy, specifically for the middle schoolers. I thought the time of playing pretend was long gone. I'm so happy for "not yet".

PS Me and Lindsay have chosen to be each others' social cohorts and allow our kids to play together (outside) because it's a less draconian way of living through this social isolation situation. 


No comments: