A bad habit of mine...
I feel like by the time you turn 40, they are no longer "bad habits", they are just personality traits.
But I guess I will say: not making my bed ever is my bad habit.
One time Joe was talking about some article he read that said successful people begin each day by making their bed (that rhymes!).
Lisa said "Kelli doesn't make her bed and she's dope."
Joe said "but she could be EVEN BETTER."
I choose not to be "even better".
***
So guess what? Andrew finally learned to ride a bike!
I knew he knew how. It was just a matter of making him do something he didn't want to do.
I said "no more Zelda until you can pedal a bike" and he pedaled his bike within 5 minutes of trying.
Now he pedals around and pats his bike like a horse and says "good girl! my mighty steed."
We rode our bikes over to Halverson Forest to make a bike trial.
Me and the kids ride to this forest all the time ("the ball forest") and no one else is ever there.
All the kids helped. They were stoked on using all the tools to make the trail legit.
It took a good 2 hours to build up the first jump, a berm, and another jump.
When it was finished, we put down the tools and everyone took a rip.
Even Andrew was messing around on it. That made me so happy.
Jim was working on this transition over the log when Andrew came along and said,
"Out of the way beanstalk".
haha
Then they started timing laps, and it got real fun.
I did a lap to see what my status is among the kids, and I was pretty much the slowest of them all.
One more funny thing about Andrew that I keep meaning to write about:
When the kids go to the forest by our house, they wear boots because it's so muddy down there.
One day Andrew came to me and said "my boots feel so weird",
so I took them off and reached in, and there were socks in there. I pulled them out.
Except there wasn't just ONE pair...there were socks upon socks upon socks.
Every time he takes off his boots, he leaves his current pair of socks inside, so they built up and took about fifty percent of the space!
I just kept taking out sock after sock.
Me, Avery, and Andrew were laughing so hard. I lay down on the floor and laughed.














No comments:
Post a Comment