Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day 23 :: Something I Never Get Sick Of

I could never get sick of having someone else - a teacher! - teach my kids school. 
Andrew had a google meet with his class last week, and it's just so sad. I cry. 
But it WAS fun to see Alice's chicken eggs hatching. 

I know it's been said, many times, many ways: but this is crazy! I can't believe we don't go to school anymore. We are in our 7th week of not going to brick and mortar school. 

As an extra project, I had the kids make Zelda posters so that I can see, at a glance, how things are organized in Hyrule. 

Here was home church on Sunday. We had some folks from the ward give a little devotional. 
Bishop talked about the Shackleton story: going through hard things with the HOPE that it will get better. 

Some other things I could never get sick of: being outside with friends:


Halverson is a great place to gather with our social cohort without people wagging their fingers at us. 

Avery and Bailey have come up with this Halverson project wherein the kids will earn badges every time they accomplish one of these tasks. I think it's such an adorable idea. 



Another day this week we met with our social cohort at Semiahmoo. 
The kids wandered far and wide, breathing in that sea air. 

This is how you dig your toes in the sand in Washington: with wool socks on. 


Going to Galbraith with my besties and no children is something I will never ever get sick of. 
We chanced upon the boys again. That's always so fun. 

I love these little yellow flowers at the end of Unemployment Line. 

Yesterday we were wandering around the neighborhood. At the ponds, Andrew dropped down and started doing one armed pushups. It cracked me up. 


Hammock time!

My little spring garden is coming right along. 


A frog stopped by to say hello. 

Hello frog.


1 comment:

Mary said...

I wish you could be my social cohort. It’s lonely here.