Rob and Mary WERE going to come visit. I was worried it would rain while they were here and that the tulips wouldn't be in bloom...but turns out the weather is perfect. Sunshine and warm and the tulip fields are in full bloom.
It would have been so fun. booo
But I will take the sunshine and warmth anyway.
This is the most true thing I've ever read.
Because of this truth, I cancelled math for the week. We have been doing "science" during morning school this spring break week - which means playing with magnets and snap circuits.
The rest of the time the kids are down at the pond catching frogs.
Pond study. Life science.
Andrew named this one "Daisy".
Here is the story of "Ricky":
Ricky is Gus's frog.
Ricky jumped out of Gus's hands, and while Andrew was walked by in his giant boots, he accidentally stepped on Ricky, and Ricky died.
They had a burial-funeral for Ricky.
Then the next day they dug up Ricky and found that he was actually alive!
I am most disturbed that they are digging up dead animals.
That bucket is their "habitat".
I said, no their habitat is actually the pond right there beside that bucket you've put them in.
Juno accidentally used Andrew's back as a climbing post.
Coach Jim is growing a mustache.
A covid-catcher.
I don't know if you can tell, but the house is silent.
It's just me and Jim in a quiet house for hours because the kids are down tromping through forest and bog catching frogs.
In the evening we watched the Pink Supermoon rise over the golf course.
We dyed eggs.
We took our time. There was no other item on the calendar for the day.
Besides frogs.
Water fights on the front lawn. As if it's summer.
Me and Jim went for a spin around the bay.
I remember it felt sooo good to get out on a bike ride.
I was feeling the corona-blues, and then this bike ride combined with the John Krasinski video with the Hamilton cast singing..."changed my life". That's what I texted to Lisa: It changed my life.
Corona-time is a great time to be dramatic.
Last night we had a beach fire.
Tin foil dinners, Joe won the prize for stick whittling and discus throwing, pink sunset, warmth from the fire as it got cold.
It's time to go home when the boys start lighting sticks on fire and holding them up in the air (without watching out for the other little boys' hair and faces).
You know what girls never do? Light sticks on fire, then hold them in the air.
I've been camping with a lot of girls and that's just not something we do. We stare at the fire and respect the fire and that's IT.

























No comments:
Post a Comment